● SANTA BRUNCH & JINGLE BELL PARADE Saturday, December 7th, 10:30 AM (possible 1 PM seating if needed) t.b.d. Franklin, located at 224 Franklin Street (corner of Green Street) Buy tickets at http://tinyurl.com/Town-Square-Santa2013 while supplies last.
Hey kids, what's that sound? Is it the jingle of Santa's bells? Yes, guess what! Santa's coming to Greenpoint soon. So bring your list and whisper your wishes!
SANTA PARADE starts at 12:30 PM and will march down Franklin Street. Moms and dads, would you like some helpful tips for mini-floats for your tiny tots? Or perhaps march your school, group, or company's logo? Please contact us at email@example.com.
Children must be accompanied by a responsible adult. While not required, we ask everyone to bring an unwrapped toy for a Santa Toy Drive.
● BK SciArt THINK TANK Meetings on GCEF Proposal Every Monday night, 7-9 PM, Lokal (905 Lorimer Street at Bedford Ave) Every Thursday morning, 9-10 AM, Le Gamin (108 Franklin St bw Noble & Oak Sts)
Town Square is preparing BK SciART grant proposals for the GCEF fund due Dec 18th. We hope to realize 4 environmental Pop-Up Pavilions with Science and Art interventions: Water, Air, Soil and Energy. These Pavilions will house pop-up science and art exhibits and school programs that, in turn, will serve as incubators for a Science and Art Museum here in North Brooklyn. We are looking for help and input from our community. Please join our brainstorming and planning meeting tonight! Please join the dream!
● GREENCYCLE SWAP Saturday, December 14th, 1-4 PM Ascension Church (122 Java Street bw Manhattan Ave & Franklin St)
● GREENCYCLE SWAP Saturday, January 11th, 1-4 PM Ascension Church (122 Java Street bw Manhattan Ave & Franklin St)
● SchoolFEST Saturday, January 25th John Ericsson MS 126 Magnet School for Enviromental Engineering 424 Leonard Street
● COMMUNITY CHESS TOURNAMENT TBA
For all current updates, events, photos and more, please friend us on Facebook: